Search This Blog

Vegetable patties

This is one of my favorite summer recipes right from my organic garden. I share my zucchini'with my neighbors along this recipe and have always gotten back positive comments
 Zucchini vegetable patty that taste very good even if you do not like zucchini's.

I lost 8 pounds this week this is one of the foods that I have in my refrigerator and I E off and even in between meals when I want to Healthy snack.
  1. 2 c. chopped zucchini (abt. two sm. or one lger.)
  2. 1-2 Tb Chopped onion
  3. One graded carrot (shredded)
  4. 1 egg (binds it together) (optional: You can sub.Flaxseed flour as an egg or added fiber.)This will (look like a hay stack, don't  turn them   over util brown on one side
  5. 2 T. flour (coating all  Ingredients) Depends on how much you have 1 tablespoon might do if you save a small amount just coat the zucchini
  6. One to 1-2tea salt and Pepper to taste 
  7. Oil;Mix the patties together, frying in a good oil such as  olive oil-mono oil, like safflower,  then flatten All the patty out to your desired thickness. 
  8. You can also bake these in the oven which I did when I added too much liquids!   they didn’t turn out so well I just Turn them over in the oiloil and thenFinish baking themin the oven I liked him actually.
Add A complement fiber to the meal as a dessert
I’ve made egg foo yong out of this recipe

(Olive oil and butter go great together. ) Fry on Med-hot oil until crisp on both sides Careful not to burn until Golden brown holding shape together.
Drain on paper towels. If you have leftovers they don’t stay crisp in the fridge raider I have to put them in a bag paper bag so they don’t get mushy.
When I had five kids at home I never had a leftover.

OptionS; alternative recipe called for 1/4 w/w flour. Alternate or very(try some added corn muffin flour mix my daughter Likes This method.
My daughter Katie said that she made this recipe but she does not use flour she strictly uses the flaxseed meal and they like it I’ve never tried it. 

For a dinner meal (optional) top with cream of chicken soup as a White sauce for gravy gravy,Sour cream Or drenched in vegans “Earth balance imitation butter”. I love this stuff
A cheese thing may add needed need protein? These are a meal within themselves they can be eaten like hamburger or alongside a meat eaters.They make a nice hamburger especially with more onion?
This recipe can be easily adapted to more vegetables just don’t get carried away the main ingredient is your squash it takes the flavor of everything else. I‘ve even even added Some left-ver 2 Tb  kale.

No comments: