Search This Blog

Lose weight on bread

Lost some more weight, I found some raisin, brand muffin's at Wall mart. (6 gram's of protein and 7 grams of fiber. (Perfect for me. I have three ft. of colon missing and I do have to have a lot of fiber. But, with diabetes and this condition I have to watch my diet more closely or stay on the toilet all day and night. (It messes up my electrolytes taking out my minerals i.e.)
Start with the idea of organic whole grains, no sugar or very low or sweeten with real fruit. Other trade offs use other styles of grains or breads like pita i.e. (keep away from fake fibers and part white flour and part w/w. (not good for dieters) It's hard to find a good muffin like the one I buy at Wall mart. This link has some muffin's take we can make health. I can't always find, so I use this mix below; "Hodgson Mill" semi homemade recipe.
https://www.pinterest.com/hrymer/all-sorts-of-muffins/ I put the link here but it is hard to find a good ratio of fiber and proteins. However, in any muffin recipe you can add 1 - 1 half cups for brand to any recipe. Use the high soymilk protein and control the sugar to raisins, dates or other fruits. This muffin recipe is the best on the internet I found:



Low- Carb,  High- Fiber Bran Muffins (rich in omega 3 fatty acid)
BRAN MUFFINS BREAK DOWIN OF NUTRITENTS
High Fiber Cereals can be made into excellent muffin's
Hot cereals are good for fiber too (Red Mill) and last but not least is a organic grown grains of breakfast cold cereals with the 11 gram organic soy milk to start the morning.

Some Mornings a protein/veg breakfast: A vegetable omelet, Oh so good ! With a good herb breakfast tea. (This will last a long time: Chop your veggies, mushroom peppers, and red or green onion then freeze it all that day. Next morning unthaw pieces you want in your omelet, barely nook in some of the veggies in the microwave or skillet to thaw them out) Then add in some chopped basil or, hot sulsa i.e.) Top with sour cream and sliced tomato or avocado.
The point is watch for healthy food bargain's their everywhere.




EXAMPLE:
I couldn't get them Monday so I had to replace their values: DAVE'S BREAD, all organic; one slice has 5 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber. He makes a variety, I buy the "POWERSEED." Yes, it has sugar, but its fruits. That's ok. www.DAVESKILLERBREAD.COM  he spent 15 years in prison and now owns a family business. Remarkable.
Their are other cheaper kinds of the same types of breads but Dave Dahl started it all. If I can find his bread at Wal Mart I get his. Bit More Costly but, so are his ingredients to make it.  I couldn't make it for that much.  I'm single so I freeze or refrigerate these costly threats.
Treat your self well, no one else will and remember your not a garbage can. Garbage causes bad health and weight gain. By the way, I only add the bread in my meals; IF I NEED a FIBER meal.
Here's an example of flourless (sprouted bread) I use period ally. (At the bottom is a semi home made one I've done)
 Not the best toast, but it's great on diets.
A 3:00 snack can be some bread mentioned above and the organic soymilk. Don't get hungry you'll over eat at meals. (Six mall meals is good)


BRAN MUFFINS
Number of Servings: 12


Ingredients (5 to 5 ratio P-F)
Preheat oven to 400F
Dry:
1 cup stone ground whole-wheat pastry flour
1cup unprocessed wheat bran
1/4 cup milled flaxseed (take place of eggs +adds fiber.)
1/4 cup organic soy flour, or coconut flour (or add 1/2 cup bran for more fiber)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup sugar or another sweetener (taste dough for tartness) agave, honey, stevia or fruits pears or apple sauce.
3/4 tsp. cinnamon (or, apple pie spices, if you it Halloween add in pumpkin spices)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup chopped  nuts
1/4 cup raisins, cranberries, or dates

WET:
1 small granny smith apple, grated with skin
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup egg substitute- flaxseed is a good one
1/4 cup non-fat milk, or organic soy 
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce ?
Direction: Mix wet ingredients with dry, stir just until mixed.
Pour into a greased muffin tin.
Bake 18-20 minutes @ 400 F
Makes 12 muffins.
Number of Servings: 12
SEMI HOME MADE MIFFINS (BRAN) basic
Start out with a mix: Hodgson Mill
Whole Wheat Bran muffin mix (follow directions on box) This made up 24 small muffins
You'll need oil, egg, milk
This will have 4 g. protein and 3 g fiber, sugar is liquid cane sugar. However, you are going to add more fiber and protein, which will dilute the sugar per serving. It is very difficult to find a mix that has enough protein and fiber. Some of odd brands do better.
Variations: add banana, applesauce/pear, nutmeats, apple pie spices, pumpkin spices, raisins, cranberry's etc. Only add not more than a handful of one or mix with another chosen ones.
This also make a Banana Bran Bread.

No comments: