Search This Blog

CREAM OF TARTAR USES; cleaning

Items like cream of tartar (potassium bitartrate) are not simply a super way to stabilize egg whites but also scandalously inexpensive cleaning secrets. This long-forgotten gem of a cleaning agent may be used with a little water or vinegar to lift even the most stubborn stains. Unattractive grout driving you batty? Mold and mildew stains, burner pans and casserole dishes giving you fits? Cream of Tartar is your new best friend.
Cream of tartar is one of nature’s best bleaching agents. Cream of tartar, a.k.a “crusted wine,” is mixed with baking soda to create baking powder.  While it is an acid, it’s not harmful. It’s an acidic salt which comes from grapes. Why is commercial laundry detergent never grape scented? I want to know. Someone please contact Tide. We need answers! Actually, we don’t need answers. We can scent our own homemade detergent

Use a few tablespoons of cream of tartar with hot water or hydrogen peroxide and clean any aluminum pans which have discoloration or any rusty drains, pans, or stains.

Do you have copper kettles? Mix some cream of tarter with lemon juice and rub the copper with it. Rinse and be amazed!

How about a porcelain sink, tub, commode? Rub the porcelain surfaces with cream of tartar and watch the stains disappear.

Fabric stains? No prob. Mix a few teaspoons of cream of tartar with some glycerin and use like spray-and-wash. The results? Well, I’m here to tell you that this stuff cured the ring around Joshua’s shirt collars.

Just need a great nonabrasive cleaner? Mix 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoon of cream of tartar in a small dish (use 3 or 4 teaspoons of vinegar and 3 or 4 teaspoons of cream of tartar if you have more items to clean). Apply with your cleaning rag or scrub brush and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Scrub. Wash with hot soapy water.

I was fascinated with the taking out acids:
http://apieforapie.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/tartarus-of-the-b

Copied comments:
Laura on March 25th, 2012 1:36 pm http://razorfamilyfarms.com/
I used cream of tartar with white vinegar and 1/2 cup warm water to clean the stains off of the seats of a pair of antique chairs that I found at a thrift store.( I planned to have them recovered, but I thought it won’t hurt to try) They were done in powder blue velvet. Every stain came out!!!!! They now sit in my living room where I get lots of compliments on how pretty they are. Now I use cream of tartar all the time.!

If you want to clean aluminum you should try Cameo cleansing powder. it’s usually found next to the comet. It works great, and is a lot cheaper than using cream of tartar.


Demaroge on March 29th, 2012 7:44 am

I have found bulk sized bags of cream of tartar on amazon. If you live anywhere near a winery you can check with them and see if you can get it from them. (Cream of tartar is a by-product of wine making. I imagine they sell it to spice companies?)$15.00 + SHIPPING
gypsy67 on April 14th, 2012 9:27 pm

My grandmother swore by cream of tartar as a blood purifier. As kids my mom always gave us some mixed in a glass of water. Must have worked we were never sick. I still use it to this day.


Linda on May 15th, 2012 4:54 am

I used cream of tartar with white vinegar and 1/2 cup warm water to clean the stains off of the seats of a pair of antique chairs that I found at a thrift store.( I planned to have them recovered, but I thought it won’t hurt to try) They were done in powder blue velvet. Every stain came out!!!!! They now sit in my living room where I get lots of compliments on how pretty they are. Now I use cream of tartar all the time.!



Any suggestions in comment

No comments: