Search This Blog

BROWN RICE SNACK PUDDING

by RW Fraley

Left-over brown rice? "Waste not want not," my mother always taught me; It's a simple rice pudding. 3 eggs, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup of cooked boiled brown rice, 2 1/2 cups of milk (I do; 1 cup of organic soy milk to half a cup of real whipping cream. Yum; place in a pan in a pan of water into a 325 degrees oven.
 It's done when I can make the knife, in the center, come out clean. This It makes its own pudding; sprinkle nutmeg on top. Don't like this photo mine is smoother and taste looks better. I've done this with my best left-over breads too. Ratio is the same.
Add: cinnamon, nuts, cranberries or even raisins to the bread recipe.
top with real whipping cream

RW Fraley This is the bread pudding...if you want it more moist don't over do the w/w bread. Have plenty of liquid with your breads.
Don't do white breads, use organic

No comments: