Search This Blog

VEGAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH

Image result for spaghetti squash

If you want to try a new food to introduce to your family, get a good recipe. I took out the raisins, but left them in here as the original recipe may know something I don't know? After, I make it as is, I make it my own, but I liked the ratio of seasonings and the rest of it. (I added a nut oil, and in season, add in sm. tomatoes?)

Vegan Spiced Spaghetti Squash

Recipe adapted from a food blogs, Smitten Kitchen.
Serves 4
  • 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) spaghetti squash
  • 5 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt (or to taste)
  • 3 tablespoons golden raisins
  • Half of a 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • Add, or remove any veg. or choose what you have in your garden, green peppers or cherry tomatoes then top with a vegan nut cheese.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds (either discard or save to roast later). Brush the inside of the squash with a tablespoon of olive oil. Roast the halves face-down on a baking pan or sheet for 30-40 minutes, until the flesh of the squash is fork-tender and has separated into spaghetti-like strands.

No comments: