Search This Blog

How to Make Protein Bars (semi-Hme made)

oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookie-mix

Not an exact recipe, because I add in a lot of protein and nut butters. I also experiment on what I have on hand this month to add in. You do not have to use this mix. (I added no oil, no eggs and no flour) Left-overs from protein shakes powder and fiber products makes the recipe easy.



I love making my own protein bars using my left-overs of (pea or rice) protein  powders, seeds, any nut butters, trail nut mix, shredded coconut, protein with fiber powders, fiber, flaxseed flour i.e., organic other vegan or soy milk because it has 9 g. of protein, left-over peanut or almond butter and some coconut oil. No added eggs or oil in my version.

The semi comes in by using a basic cookie mix.
 I first mix up and a dry mix (basic) and add in all the powders or dry stuff, in the amount I want then divide in two batches.

Fiber and protein powder is basic. The extra oil comes from the nut butters; I add in 1/2 medium jar. Then I divide the powdered mix in half. Some to use later.

Any cookie mix should work. Let us know


Second part: is too into one of the fresh batch made that day; I add in just enough organic soy milk to make a paste to spread on a paper, sprayed, lined cookie sheet. (I've used alum foil too) Be careful; not too thick as this mixture will spread, thickened and fill in all your small holes.
The protein bars takes about 15 min. with some of the cooking taking place on the top of stove when out. (Under cook, just a tad; touch the center with tips of finger and if it's bounces it's done.) If you cook it longer it comes out crunchy.

 Their are gluten free mixes i.e. The other thing I need to mention is this is a METHOD RECIPE. And, this recipe isn't very sweet depending on what you've added in it (raisin i.e.) and I like it that way. I'm a diabetic.
The protein and fiber keeps the b.s. in check. It's quick, easy and use just left overs from health foods that we bought and didn't like the shakes that never works for me for weight. by Pat Sherman's recipe method.






Start from a recipe and their are many on if you Google it.

Homemade Protein Bars (gluten-free)

Ingredients (Gluten, cake mixes will work too if available
  • 2 cups gluten-free oats (or, mix with coconut flour)
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
  • 2 tbsp ground flax seed
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (or soy)
  • 1/4 honey
  • 2 tbsp nut or seed butter, I used sunflower seed when I can find it.
  • 1 banana, mashed (optional or, smashed pears I like adds natural sweet moisture)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract,
  • 1/4 cup raisins (or trail mix)
  • 1/8 slivered almonds (or a (almond) nut butter)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In a large bowl combine oats, chia seeds, ground flax, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl combine almond milk, honey, nut or seed butter, banana and vanilla.
  4. Mix wet ingredients into dry then add raisins and slivered almonds.
  5. Stir until batter is mixed thoroughly.
  6. Grease a glass dish, I used cooking spray to coat mine.
  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
 Written by Lisa Horvath
Related Homemade energy gels | homemade protein and energy balls




No comments: