Search This Blog

COUGH SYRUP, WEIGHT ISSUES AND VEG. DIET

December 30, 2005 Lost 110 pounds in 2005 I lost 150 lbs this last year. Now I would like to write down what I did to accomplish this. It’s very hard for a congestive heart failure, diabetic, asthmatic, arthritis to loose any weight. Not finished, I have a lot more weight to loose. I have a disability, bi polar with an effective disorder (brought about because of shell fish in meds and diet pills) and now off all medication for over 10 years. I did this very slowly and with the help of this new diet and herbs. I got on so many drugs because I qualified for Medicare and Medicaid with all this disabilities. With this you only can get drugs, no preventive medications that I had used before when I was more healthy. The drugs actually made everything worse and brought on more health problems. My weight went up using the bipolar drugs, diabetic and asthma (steroids) meds, cause more weight gain. I had no choice when I reached over 400 lbs. to get off the drugs or die. I was in so much pain that I had to go to a wheel chair. I decided to take things in my own hands when I figured out the doctors really could do nothing except drugging me and billing (milking) the government for my care.
So I decided to go back to what I knew Herbs and health foods. In the “60-‘70’s I had brought myself back to health of low-blood sugar and adrenal exhaustion. I educated myself with in health food area, even taking cooking classes from the Seventh Day Adventist. They had a health food store at this time were teaching very enlightened classes on the subject, especially on healthy recipes that was meatless and how to use other grains besides hard winter wheat. I also went to Dr. Smith (now deceased) who was their pastor and learned a lot from this very kind man.
Then I took lots of classes from local herbalist, Dr. David Christopher and La Dean Griffin who I attended 12 classes from her alone. I can’t tell you the library of books I began to read also. I took classes from Canada on horology in the ’70 too. I had a very bad marriage and all my children’s c-sections didn’t help my health. So I had to step back and arrange my life so the stress didn’t kill me off. It was either myself (or my ex a narcissist) so I got rid of him. (Mostly) I went back to school and got a BA with two minors and a semester in European Studies. (MA). But my health was going down hill because of the government’s insistence of treating me with only drugs for my health problems. My children all deserted my one by one. Dad had money and they didn’t like living poorly on the government. My bi polar was coming on at the stressfulness of raising 5 children by myself and with the stress of spending about 10 years in college. (I love school!) Learning. I did get a teaching certificate in the end.
1. I decided last year to do something about my health so I went back to eating whole complex (glycemic index) unadulterated, unpolluted, organic foods. More fruits and vegetables in my diet with 5-6 small meals a day.
2. Switch herbs slowing, in place of the drugs I was taking. Using my herbology knowledge and all it’s knowledge I had laid down because I couldn’t afford health foods and all required supplements needed.
3. I began using a journal of where I had been and where I was going. What didn’t turn out, but most of all recording what I knew. Sharing those changes on line.
4. Adding to what I knew to the latest research available and to my own library of knowledge verifying what I know is truth, rejecting all fads or popular beliefs. Next I will expound what I have done so far this year.
5. Adding to what I knew to the latest research available and to my own library of knowledge verifying what I know is truth, rejecting all fads or popular beliefs. Next I will expound what I have done so far this year. Remember you will not be successful in keeping weight off till you read my parasite page in this blog. (I can't put it all in one page)
6. See next entry for the rest of this story!
[1] …And whosoever among you are sick and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild food, and that not at the hand of an enemy”…
What are “Mild Foods”? Which herbs and who is today’s enemies? posted by Thompson@ 3:54 PM links to this post Monday, December 26, 2005 Honey, Sugars and Cough Syrup Formula Honey Cough Syrup Formula Honey is a mild sedative with minerals is an anti viral in properties, minerals, amino acids, can be a salve and antibiotic, and they say bacteria cannot live in honey. It has an accumulate effect with regarding health. I am a diabetic and do have problems with sweeteners, My mother, brother, 2 aunts and uncle are also diabetics so I am aware of the sugar problems and diabetics. I will not go into all the why's I got where I am in my thinking and experience to write what I do with the direction this will go. And it will surprise some of the "die- hards" out there. see: "Diabetes" This magazine has the March issue that's very informational on the different sugars. I do like everyone else keep up on the news concerning sugars. I don't get along with chemicals sugar substitutes, including Splenda so I'm not even going to give them space here. Chemicals just make the diabetic more sick in the long run and ruin kidney's functions. My brother before he died was heading to sue the diet pop companies. He died because he didn't have money enough for the kidney dialysis machine needed to filter his blood. He never could give up the diet pop. I chose to do most of this on honey. Because it the best natural predigested sugar on the market. The reader has to read the mild food diet to know where I am coming from. The body turns everything to glucose in order to utilize it in the body. Honey is natural glucose. It's better for the very sick because it doesn't take a lot for the body to break it down for use. That does not mean a diabetic can have a lot. See: The diabetic magazine below, they have in their magazine, a mean strawberry cheese cake using part honey. First of all, we need to cut down sucrose, sugars raw or white, corn syrups, etc., in all recipes. When I visited Europe I found their pies were not as sweet and the other deserts also but was very delicious. In America we over indulge in sweet deserts. Every meal, we think we have to have a desert. Why? It's a bad tradition that needs to be change. I was not raise in this tradition. My mother baked cookies once that I remember. I never had a birthday cake so I am not a fan of the over indulgent with the desert ideas of most American. White sugar is highly stimulating, full of chemicals, in order to bleached it white, and no food qualities to speak of. I use mostly, Stevia in most of my teas, it's slightly sedative as an herb. Fructose Derives from fruit, I prefer raw unbleached sugars from vegetable rather than fruit, that is if your going to occasionally use sugars. Honey doesn't seem to be that bad because of the way the body utilizes it in the end.
Fructose sugar is hard on arthritics and causes them lot more pain. It's so concentrated, over bleached with chemical. It throws the body into too fast elimination RE: (fruit speeds up the process of elimination, so eat it with grains or vegetables.) for the body to assimilate it properly. It's really in an unnatural state. It robs the body of minerals necessary for health. What's a shame it's in so many drinks, like pop, Yes, even in health food stores and their healthy drinks. Now you know, stay away from this product in any form. Stay away from this sugar if you have pain.
Black strap molasses is rich in iron and good in bread making. Down the chain of sugars are the white bleached (with chemicals) are sugars. And, corn syrups which is found to increase appetites.
Cough Medicine (& for anemia)
1 cup molasses
4 T. butter
1/2 t. ginger root (fresh)
Boil 30 minutes on a low heat, cover for 5 minutes, add lemons. Very optional: Store in brown bottles. You can add a cinnamon stick, or cloves to kill germs. To add more iron add a small fresh bruised Yellow or Burdock root. This will aid the liver and add more iron. Good in cases of leukemia Caution: You can read anything in diabetic magazine's about which are not good for you. Note, science have not cured diabetes's. Magazine's are looking for a story and a "cure all" too.
Re: A new formula, "A New Sweetener for People With Diabetes," Isomault, Suette, and (not new), Aspartame" Chemicals not good for diabetic health, i.e., dextrose, maltodextrin, saccharin, etc., many other chemical sugars I don't intend to give lip service to this blog. (I've read the research and most of you have too, if not you have some catching up to do). "Subject. I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous: When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus." "Many people were being diagnosed in error. Although multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, methanol toxicity is!
Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers. (Lupus use Black Walnut Hull to kill its parasite.) The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition. We have seen patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic, once taken off diet sodas. In cases of those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, (when in reality, the disease is methanol toxicity), most of the symptoms disappear. We've seen many cases where vision loss returned and hearing loss improved markedly." "This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia."
"If you are using ASPARTAME (NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc.) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, joint pain, unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss...you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!" Aspartame Detoxification! "Is it reversible?" It takes 3 mo. to get this chemical out of the system.
Yes! Yes! Yes! STOP drinking diet sodas and be alert for Aspartame on all food labels! (and clean the rest out with the" mild foods" diet in chapter 2 below)" Sucanat Sweetener is evaporated cane juice and sells for about 2.19 a lb. Turbinado Sugar, comes from cane sugar, good for baking and is coming out with one made from corn. There's a baking sugar called Natures Sugar which is sugar free. Then you have the unrefined cane sugar, that doesn't bleach it's product all available at a good health food store.
Maple Sugar, Xylitol (this is a diabetic sugar because it doesn't cause a rapid release of glucose and has dental benefit's. A Sugar alcohols derivative and supports healthy bones, so it claims. And last for now anyway, Rapadura a whole cane sugar. All are better than white and sugar substitutes. Still cut way back on all sweeteners. Fructooligosaccharides FOS, is said to prevent germs and parasites from attacking you digestive tract...says Japanese Researchers. .Let's continue with the Properties of Honey + Honey for burns, it cools, removes pain aids for fast healing without scarring, good for bed wetter (a teaspoon before bed, aids water retention. A spoonful in hot milk aids sleep. An excellent healer, can cover wounds with honey and a bandage. Nasal congestion-place a spoonful of honey in a basin of hot water and inhale fumes after covering you head with a towel over the sink. Very effective. Dissolve a spoonful of honey in warm water, or put in your water jug and keep fridge for fatigue. With honey being glucose it is quickly absorbed by the digestive system. Use before competing in your competitions.
For Allergies; 2 tsp. honey
2 tsp. cider vinegar in 3/4 cup water.
Take before going to bed.
Facial Deep Cleanser, mix honey with oatmeal 50/50 till thick and use as a face pack. Leave on half an hour then wash off. Great as a deep cleanser for acne etc. Remember skin is an absorbing organ. Good for poor digestion, especially in using honey in herbal formulas will aid digestion. Is reputed to be wonderful for the joints. Mix honey with equal quantity of olive oil and cover head with a warm towel for half an hour then shampoo. A hair conditioner which feed the hair and scalp will look and feel better. For stress, honey water will stabilize by clamming highs and raises the lows. 25% honey to water.
Anemia, enriches the blood by raising corpuscle content. The darker the honey the more rich in minerals. So is molasses rich in iron. Food Preservative, replacing sugar for honey will stay fresher longer due to its natural antibiotics. (reduce liquids by approx. 1/5 to allow for moisture in honey) Great with whole wheat because whole wheat in recipe needs more liquid. Heart patients are well advised to replace white sugar (sucrose) with honey or any persons with chronic disease because of the glucose change over to the body. Utilizes readily and easily giving a rest to any conversion process on weak bodies.
Hay fever, chewing the tops of comb honey stimulates the immune system due to the minute amounts of pollen. In season chew for 20 minutes 1 teaspoon of bee capping top five to six time a day. Highly effective and useful for asthma suffers. English researchers has shown a teaspoon of honey per day aids calcium utilization's and thus prevents osteoporosis. Aids in a Long Life, users are known world wide to be the most long-lived people. Beekeepers suffer less from cancers and arthritis than any other occupational group. Use a spoon of honey in half a glass of warm water. At start of a migraine attack, repeat in 20 minutes if necessary. (if stress related)
Conjunctivitis, pink eye -- honey or Orsa clay (or white refined clay) is good too for any eye problem. A natural antibiotic is Propolis. Bee's gather it and spear it on the walls of their hives. It protects them from bacteria, viruses, and fungi the unfriendly microbes.
Recipe for Cough syrup
6 oz. honey 2 oz. glycerin (if no glycerin use Brag's apple cider vinegar)
2 lemons juiced Mix well - bottle in dark bottles bought at health food store or corked dark bottles (after drinking the root beer) (Just a cup of water, lemons and honey will do in most cases of light flue, especially for comfort and cutting up mucus.)
*Used as required. And I've also used this recipe with chopped garlic or onion for natural sulfur. (antibiotic) Macerate for 3 days and strain then strain again though paper towels. Add the honey after this process. Added 3 droppers full of tincture of Lobelia at the end or chopped strained ginger root. It's strain with the garlic. (the catalyst) To rid the flavor of Garlic flavor use Cinnamon oil put out for flavoring candy suckers, or go to the health food stores. It does so much for this recipe. It is very strong! If I have a cinnamon stick I stick one in the dark bottle that I store this "cure all" in. It helps in the preservation of the tincture and kill any germ that might set in. Honey is great in herbal formulas.
However cut back on all sources of sugars. Less sugar, "sparingly," in desserts recipes for better health.
*Other sugars: Evaporated Cane Juice, Fruit Juices, Rice Syrup, Licorice Root, Refine Sugar, Vegetable Glycerin, Agave Nectar (fructose), Maple Syrup or Barley Malt are some other forms of sugar. Note they are not glucose sugar which has to be changed by hormones to be utilized easily in the body. (Takes health and energy to change these sugars over to glucose). Watch labels closely these days they are very tricky and deceiving.
................
This entry has 1 comments: Great article! I have also discovered. that Agave Nectar is another great honey substitute ... much sweeter than honey. You can look it up on the "net" for all its attributes. Can be ordered online or at a health food store. Comment from cdunn3646 - 8/18/05 8:39 PM posted by Thompson @ 10:24 AM links to this post Blad on ~ Herbal Formulas Bladder Infection with Herbal Formula The first thing on any infection-inflammations is to use mild foods, and especially semi-fast is best while in a acute stage. *Enema and or laxative herbs (no constipation) (Pure cranberry-raspberry herbal teas) Mountain Sun i.e. has a pure cranberry juice not sweeten and not from concentrate (100% pure juice). The deluded type will not work or mixed with other fruits.(unfortunately purchased only at the health food stores)
*Marshmallow root tea or caps till infection has past.
*Or Slippery Elm (this herb has some of the same qualities that marshmallow root has, both are excellent here, 1/2 t. Goldenseal 1/4 t (will check the bleeding, one application should do it) Alfalfa mint tea 1 c. every hour or parsley tea. Grow your own parsley and use the bruised root too. Roots are always more potent, next use the seed, flower and then leaves. Roots, and seeds are not good in tea making, but can make a decoction of your own to get it down. Stop eating during any infection (or next, use the semi-fast diet next, use the mild food diet) "Mild Food Diet" Or,You can use other whole fruits or fruit juice only, cranberry, lemon, lime, with some vegetable etc. if you cannot fast. I'm giving you a variety here. What do you have available near you in your part of the country, in your garden, health food store etc. Check out other ideas on the Internet too. Educate yourselves, get 2-3 herbal dictionaries i.e. Canada has lots school teaching herbal courses, why not? The alternative is letting others beguile you at your expense.
*See: Dr. John R. Christopher's "School of Natural Healing" Lots of formulas from Provo Utah Listed here are some other good herbs to use for bladder infections: Goldenseal root. note: (If bleeding) *goldenseal interferes with other drugs and may taking some of them out of the system but in small amounts. Gravel Root, Meadow root and especially a lot of Marshmallow root. Ma Hang on with this herb till the duration of the infection is gone. Always have this herb and Lobelia on hand. This goes wild and abundantly. (a weed) Have someone show you where it is about in your area, bruise the root and make a concoction out of it and drink. I add it to my garlic formula, which turns out nice for a bladder infection too.
Uva Ursa, add Ginseng root, j\Juniper berries (ginger or Lobelia for a "carrier" (explained in my other blog page) Use distilled water to drink. A bladder infection will turn into a yeast infection or may be a yeast infection. Check with your doctor. If your a diabetic, "Novolin" insulin is notorious for bladder and yeast infection. The extender in the Novolin is "Yeast". If it keeps happening change to another insulin. You can use Humalog, it's extender is "e coli" which may make some itch, and muscles sore. (It's the germ warfare mantality, use poisons to carry chemical medications. If you arthritic avoid, it makes the condition worse. And from there is LANTUS, man's home made brew of chemicals. Good Luck!It my opinion that these drug companies are making diabetics worse and creating more health problems. Bearberry is an excellent herb for urinary track infections also. #2 Take a bag of fresh or frozen cranberries and boil them in small amount of water at the end while hot add marshmallow root. Cool and drink. Don't add sugar.
#3 Bladder Stones: Boil 2 figs in 1 c. water, drink daily for 30 days (Also use the apple cider vinegar formula in this blog.) Note...keep the area around the vulva area clean. #4 Use a parasite formula! (0r the parasite herbs) posted by Thompson @ 9:26 AM links to this post Sunday, December 25, 2005

I use Omega 3's for my bi polar with much success. It's also excellent in weight problem and using with the elderly who need more of the omega's. Omega 3's are found in all seeds, nuts, organic raw oils and in fish. (DHA, EPA and ALA) Low fat diets did much harm to dieters and the studies show to their children (and fetus) were effected. Yet, some continue with this awful ignorant practice. We need more good fats! It effected bi-polar and all mental disease especially. Also the Zone diet has brought this to my attention. One of the many diets I've tried. Without good fat I was more fuzzy or foggy after eating as mentioned in the book. Add the nuts and and good omega fats and this condition disappeared. (However, there's too much meat on the Zone Diet) Meat or high protein stops a process of elimination or in other words "the disease". (or getting rid of toxic waste as you are trying to build the body)(See Fasting, Semi Fasting and Mild food diet for further information on this subject in this blog) Use a variety of omegas (raw organically grown, unrefined oils), not all contain DHA i.e. Fish oil has been a good source but now is questionable because of the contaminants of heavy metals (PCB's) especially in the US and Europe. A better source is from the Northern Hemisphere, between New Zealand and the Antarctica. Make sure any consumption of any fish oil is "molecularly distilled" or fresh. (Eat only smaller fish) Note that even local grown fresh fish contain pesticides, antibotics in their feed and some are genically modified (GM)) to be bigger. Some are sick indeed and have parasites. (Chili and US waters are the ones I know about) Now to make them look wild they add coloring which make them unfit to eat. Pay a little more for health sake. Health is more inportant than money and harder to achieved and maintain. Vegetarian diets with the enzymes needed for conversions processing of the omega found in fish and seed oils. Fish oils may not pass through the cell membrane's because of the triglycerides. I use Omega 3's for my bi polar, a great brain healer, and weight with much success (110 lbs loss.) Flaxseed oil every meal. It also helps my cholesterol keeping it down to 111, so far. Yes, you need to add the BEST oils. I also use Safflower Herb (Safron's herb is too expensive) and Safflower oil for losing weight also (takes care of uric acids). (The best olive oil or grape seed oil all unrefined and organic) Here is more reading on this subject: Brain health dramatically improved by intake of omega-3 fatty acids and fish oils. Also see: http://www.newstarget.com/017048.html GM and other devoid foodsof quality will not help health to return! Next: Taking more serotonin will make you feel very anxious. Only after a long laps without the drugs can you take these herbs.(In other word you can't take some herbs the same time as you do drugs. Also read all directions on all packages especially with histamines and warnings of MAO inhibitors. I had a bad reaction to Benadryl. I even called the company because of the horrible set back I had. It seem like it took all my medications out of my system. No medication worked on me for the six months of hell I went through. I started it because I was having a reaction to shell fish and poisen control told me to take it. All my episodes have been brought on by medications and allergic reactions, so pay attention and watch for signs trigger yours. Over the counter drugs have brought on my bouts of problems for as long as six months putting me into the hospital. Oh, Doctors don't seem to be aware of what triggers problems??? After all they talk down to you, "your just crazy". We seem to be the ones who by trial and error are training them. Doctors do not know about the medications they administer. If you've been there you know this for sure. When you go so high going into voices you will learn the hard way how much Doctors really know and that they can't control them. You will find out that drugs just don't work. I think what's sad is many of us are very intelligent, but the doctors and health proffesional do not listen to anythng you have to say. They will even use your condition against you. You can lick bi polar if you do not have lesion in the brain area. Even these folks can improve their conditions by diet. (Read Bernard Jensen's book "Iridology Simplified" a great nutritionist. I only trust his methods by the way. 760-291-1255 lots of counterfeits and paranoias have move into the health food business. "Know the Cause" Why don't the drugs work? They don't get rid of the parasites involved which is in the brain area of the body. And too, the inherant leason and parasties are causing the problems within this area. Doctors and researchers don't know the difference between the two causes nor what to do if they see check out lesions sometimes called crypts in iridology. If drug companies or doctors could cure you did do you know you'r break the pharmacical companies and stock will go down! I believe like Kevin Trudeau, they don't want to cure anyone.
Try Dulflican (a drug that taken too much can harm the liver) or other parasital herbs like Olive Leaf Extract along with Apple Cider Vinegar. (Then Change the anti-fungi herbs every three months or so) If you've been watching the eye at 12:00 you should see a change in that time. The lines will widen,lightens and then disappears and you bouts diminish too.If I haven't lost you, try Licorice Root for any adrenal stress. Licorice root can be sub for sugar and it helps gently with the liver and helps remove stress. It isn't till you go off this herb that you'll miss it.
Also Milk Thistle is a good liver herb. The liver needs to be clean here along with the parasites. Then get a colon cleanser to get the parasites out of the bowel. Take your B Complex's. They help keep you calm also. I swear by Lobelia tinture (It removes poisons from the body that are buiding up.) Start with the dosage on the bottle and increase till your calm but not puking. This is a "General" herb with intelligence. It is designed to communicate to any other herb what to do and where to go. It will go to the weakest part of the system having problems, but may not reconize your drug of choice if it's not helpful to the body and think it is a poison and neuter it. If your taking street drugs your compounding your problem. No one can help one that crazy enough to be so stupid. Enjoy your short life. Wickedness never will and has been "happiness". Treat yourself well, expect the best and buy the best foods. Complex Carbs, lots of organic fruits and vegetables. The best nutrition but no meats, vegetarianism is best or at least cut down to one meat a day till you can go further with this concept. This will slowly clean up your body letting the parasite out faster. Check "the mild food diet" in this blog or if you up to it "the semi fast diet" at least once week. You must eat very nutritious foods the rest of your life. Depression: Low feeling sucicidal, don't want to exist? Try a rich cup of organic coffee. (not if your on a high), but again you wouldn't be feeling low. But for some can cause mania if not in the right dosage. Use only if very low never when normal or in a mania state. Watch out if you have high blood pressure too. Coffee will make it worse. Our lows are worse than others that are normal so the same cup of coffee with react differently on each bi polar (NEVER ON A HIGH). Use even at night because we are so low in the first place. (1/4 cup?) Use it for medication only because your body will get use to it and when you need it's effects the action of the coffee will take more and more. No don't just take caffine, you need the whole seed or bean. Extracts from of the herbs makes them drugs. Freeze in ice cube trays or keep some in a container in the fridge and dose it out. You cannot do this if you are still on your medications. You have to be weaned off first. For a while getting off is awful because of the residue of drugs that will be eliminating from your liver and system. It will cause personality changes.Remember the drugs have bunted you emotions, now your free and will be angry, and you may speak up more i.e. Don't worry you'll get more control with the herbs (which now you can have) and follow the new diet.(if you can't do it, don't follow any of this. This is not for you!) You'll need coffee less and less as you get well. Then slowly change to a lower dosage of you meds till you graduate off them entirely. I've been of all medications for mental, including depression and sleep problems for over a year, the transtion was hard because I had no help and didn't know what to expect. I hope I have helped someone. My personality is smoothing out too.
Doctors with their drugs cannot heal or close this lesion in the brain, but mild food diet and herbs can close them from my experence. Good nutrition could make this person have much better life than just drugs, but in cases like this not all can be saved (just made better). Most will not or can not follow any diet and some of the eyes are much worse and so are their conditions mentally and health. I use Omega 3's for my bi polar with much success. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4610070.stm
Jay Leno's Quote:"Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ..............................
PEACE!


No comments: