Search This Blog

VEGGIE CASSEROLE

Vegetarian Veggie Casserole
This is a vegetarian vegetable casserole dish recipe (Being single I've learned techniques to this original recipe I had used for six people, but it's basically the same.) You can go wild on a veg. recipe like this. I freeze some of this recipe in sandwich bags 1 cup at a time to eat it when ever I need a good snack.
Eat more veggies will not make you gain weight and this is a sample of how to achieve it. It has lots of fiber so eat all you want if you add mostly
vegetables with grains to compliment them. Here's a recipe that shows how to do
it.
Some times I add even more fresh milder tasting veggies. This is one of my economical basic recipes utilizing any left over vegetables that I've saved in the freezers from meals. I love the combinations of their tastes with breads. This use to be fashionable in the '50 when not so much pastas were used. No meats here but I do use vegetable or chicken broths when ever possible, or what have it on hand. If you make a mistake add more stuffing or more veggies. If you are a cheese condo sir shred up a little almond cheese, or veggie sausage (Morning Star), sour cream i.e. on top for company dinner
VEGETARIAN VEGETABLE CASSEROLE.
*½ box of chicken flavor or etc. stuffing mix (or, make your own from w/w with 1/2
white bread then add in poultry seasoning (1 To 2 tsp) with celery seed or parsley herb to taste.
*about 1 cup Cream of celery or mushroom soup for the liquid needed or just add broth or ½ cup of each.
*Mixed with vegetables (eye ball it to your tastes) I use more than I did in the beginning so keep experimenting on your needs.
*Fresh vegetables such as squash (a small slice zuke, or yellow) Don't over cook
any of the vegetables.
*1 cup chopped celery (about) this adds in natural salt in vegetarian recipes)
*½ cup chopped onion
*2-3 tbs olive oil (NO SALT needed, pepper to taste)
an egg is optional (or even a boiled egg if you think you need more protein...you don't ...
Mixing all the dry ingredients, vegetables then enough of all rest of the liquids together as not to be too soggy just wet, into the casserole dish. At this point is where I remove ½ and freeze some to bake later. A cup in each sandwich baggie. I like this recipe so well and is basic to vegetarians.
Make a mushroom gravy with a can of mushroom soup on top.

Site Meter

No comments: