Search This Blog

Big roast (Vegen) PLANT BASED FOODS

Try his baked  vegan ribz, thinking that there was a different between vital wheat gluten and vital wheat gluten flour. RE:. I've done this kind of thing before; recipes for seitan but, they are not very popular. Vegan is coming in and I do not believe it will disappear for a change. We're all ready for eating less meat.  I put this guys blog on here for you to go to his site. He has some good ideas but his vocab is a bit rough for some. I use to make my own gluten  from scratch and from wheat (organically grown) because it tastes better if you leave in some of its brand.

http://www.pinterest.com/ptsherm/plant-based-diets/

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1.5 c. vital wheat gluten
  • 1/4 c. nutritional yeast (this is for salt)
  • 1 . salt
  • 2 t. paprika
  • 1/4 t. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. cumin
  • 1-2 t. pepper
  • 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 t. allspice (I skipped this)
  • 3/4 c. cold water
  • 4 T. tomato paste
  • 1 T. ketchup
  • 2 T. olive oil (I used canola because I was out of olive oil)
  • 2 T. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce (or organical soy sauce--I used soy because I had no Worcestershire)
  • 1-3 cloves garlic, crushed well (I just sprinkled in garlic powder to taste)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 325°.

In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients. Mix the rest of the ingredients (liquid ingredients) in a smaller mixing bowl. Whisk well until mixed.

Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well, then knead for several minutes.

Form into a log (6-8" long), wrap tightly in sprayed foil, twisting ends. Bake for 90 minutes. When done baking, unwrap and leave out to cool all the way. Then wrap it foil or plastic and refrigerate. Slice to use as desired.
Try other seasons if you have them and look on Morning Star Farms for ideas. That company charges a lot for its version of this and it has too many chemicals.Visit: yeahthatveganshit.blogspot.com