Search This Blog

VEGAN BACON TOMATO SANDWICH

Vegan BACON Tomato Sandwich (vegetarian too)
I’m spotlighting a new product to me which I loved and the best I've eaten! It has 130 cal. fiber 5g  and 12 grams of protein in one serving. (2 serving in a sm. Pkg.) This is all organic too. I do have a recipe in my recipe blog for veg. bacon and how to make it. You make but it’s too time consuming for a senior.

Yes I know about Morning star product but they have too many chemical for me. This does not. It name on the brown mustard colored box is MARINATED TEMPEH (Smoky Maple Bacon) Meatless and made with organic soybeans and is absolutely delicious.

Ingredients
4 of these tempeh strips (browned in oil like olive or saffron i.e.)
4 tofturkey slices are variation or try one at the bottom of page *
1-2 slices of ripe tomato
Veg. mayo
Avocado (optional, it adds in omega or just use olive oil.)

+Few leaves of rinsed and dried romaine lettuce, *the variations are a slice of white or purple onion or cuke, or sprouts.

Stovetop: Heat 2 tbs. of oil in a cast iron pan (best) when hot add tempeh and cook till browned 2-3 minutes per side.

Serve in a toasted whole wheat sandwich, pancake or anywhere or way bacon would be served. I had it in rice egg and stir fry veg. dish today.

Any suggestions in comment

No comments: